[e2e] not quite the differentiated services I was thinking of

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Sun Oct 30 03:12:19 PST 2005

so when you go to the store and you're the only one in the store,
five cashiers are standing around waiting and hoping for the
opportunity to take your money and there are no delays whatsoever,
you still want the store to do something special for you?

yes, diffserv only solves a problem when there is a problem to solve.
When there is no problem to solve, it doesn't solve it.

teh problem is *what*, precisely?