[e2e] new network architecture idea -

Christian Tschudin Christian.Tschudin at unibas.ch
Tue May 23 01:44:06 PDT 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Jonathan M. Smith wrote:

> Jon:
> 	Isn't this architectural scheme similar in spirit to the Linda
> distributed system of Gelernter and colleagues?
> 								-JMS

Hi Jonathan,

it could well be that running Linda over a swarm is easy
because of "architectural similarity", however there remains
a considerable crevice between Linda's global + reliable
+ persistent tuple space and IP on swarms.
SUperficially, both do "filtering", but I think that
the transient and best effort characteristics of IPoS
is the most interesting part, which you both loose
when going to Linda.

best, ct.

---
Christian Tschudin, University of Basel       http://cn.cs.unibas.ch/
Computer Science Dept, Bernoullistr. 16, CH - 4056 Basel, Switzerland