[e2e] query reg improving TCP performane

query query.cdac at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 23:45:34 PDT 2007

On 7/6/07, V Anil Kumar <anil at cmmacs.ernet.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What are the buffer sizes configured at the interface level on
> intermediate routers? Are they also set to the BDP of the link? Also, what
> is the buffer management scheme (RED or FIFO) on the intermediate
> routers?

These parameters will also have an impact on the end-to-end throughput.

                              The network is not under my administration .
So , I will
   probably ask my  metwork provider to give me the result.

The configuration you attached shows that you could improve the throughput
> from 55 mbps to 95 mbps by decreasing the buffer size from 921600 to
> 175636. While your text says that you achieved 95 mbps by increasing the
> buffer size.

   Sorry, that was a typo . It should have been  1756366. (nearly 1.7 MB ).

Any idea why a dedicated 100 mbps link gives an RTT of 70 msec. under no
> load condition?
>
>   The two end points are very far away. It is more than 3000 kms . So,
> probably

      that might me the reason. The RTT  is obeying the SLA parameters that
was
      defined for this network.

With Thanks and Regards
 zaman