[e2e] [unclassified] TCP improved closing strategies?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Wed Aug 12 18:14:54 PDT 2009

I'm not sure whether it wouldn't be better to think through a non-TCP
solution here.  TCP is incredibly heavy duty for the purpose of doing a
properly "secure" DNS transaction, which ultimately involves a single
request-response in the most common case.

And if you do, there is no reason why the server needs to maintain
*connection* state at all - connections are for long term interactions.

Am I missing something here?