[e2e] What is a good burst? -- AQM evaluation guidelines

Naeem Khademi naeem.khademi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 10:47:54 PST 2013

Hi Detlaf

My question was rather what types of bursts, AQMs should or shouldn't
allow? -- e.g. when designing my AQM should I care about 64K TSO-generated
bursts to safely pass without dropping or not?  Does the answer also apply
to the burst sizes typical of multimedia traffic, etc.? if the answer is
"yes", should an AQM design be actively aware of what application layer
does in terms of sending bursty traffic or not? and to what extent if yes?

Regards,
Naeem