[e2e] Two questions on simulation of AQM

Zhang Miao zm at csnet1.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn
Tue Apr 10 19:37:32 PDT 2001

Hi, Haining
    Perhaps you haven't understood what I mean.
    Each marked packet should be treated as a congestion feedback signal, and it
should reflect the "current" congestion conditions. If the packet is marked when it
leaves the queue, it can better reflect the "current" condition, without a queueing
delay. Otherwise, this marked packet only reflects the condition when it enters
the queue.

>Hi,
>
>>From intuition, better performance can be got when action is taken in
>>deque(), ie., at the output of the queue.
>
>No, the packet should be dropped at the front end before any resource
>has been consumed. Also, the earlier you drop the packet, the earlier
>feedback you will get. Your intuition is wrong :) just take a
>second thought.

*    Zhang Miao                                                 *
*    Ph.D candidate,Department of Computer Science & Technology *
*    Tsinghua University,Beijing,China(100084)                  *
*    Tel: (8610)-62785822                                       *
*    Email: zm at csnet1.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn                        *
*    Web: http://netlab.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn/~zm (domestic only ) *