[e2e] ATM

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Wed Apr 25 10:36:56 PDT 2001

Demir,

My comment is a relative one.  Today's designs for products, coming out
certainly within a year or so, are at least high multi-Gb/s boxes, aggregation
systems, etc.  I makes little sense to expend 10% overhead on ATM
cellularization now that Gb links, packet over Sonet, etc. are becoming so
cheap and processors for routing so powerful.  ATM's other behaviors and
commitments to expensive LAN interfacing are also driving it into the
background for new designs.

Alex

.