[e2e] The consequences of Intra-Planetary Internets

Eric Travis travis at gst.com
Mon Aug 6 12:46:10 PDT 2001

I had been hoping Jon's invitation had been lost in
the follow-ups, but alas...

I apologize, but I need the same coverage as Jon's
Intra-Planetary message...

Jon Crowcroft wrote:

>for those attending the ietf, there's an ipnrg interest meeting
>in parallel on the thursday (see attached message)

Oh dear, both of us forgot to mention that afterwards
everyone is to pop over to your place for drinks...

The room that our hosts are able to provide is somewhat
small and people need to be escorted, so we'd been hoping
to use this as a target of opportunity for a more intimate
berating session (primarily involving folks based outside of
North America).

This presents an unfortunate complication for the Logica folks,
so I've got to kill the meeting there.

Just to be clear, if we actually had the space and didn't think
it would be disruptive to the actual IETF sessions, I certainly
would have posted your message to end-to-end... well, at least
the attachment.

If anyone wants to reshape our heads during the week, send me
a private message and we can work something out.

Obviously we are eager to hear from *anyone* who has specific
comments/criticism. Scheduling and travel budgets makes using
the mailing list (ipn-team at list.jpl.nasa.gov) a good place to
start. For participating in something with higher bandwidth,
contact me directly.

Eric

An aside to Jon:

I'm confident that Mole People are not terribly pleased
with your proposal to bombard them with neutrinos. You
are treading on some now very dangerous ground.

Avoid the soft soil (and watch the skies)