[e2e] Narada Specifications

Yang-hua Chu yhchu at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 20 19:22:38 PDT 2001

Hi Saif and others,

Sanjay and I are the co-authors of the Narada protocol.  For those who
are not familiar, Narada is a self-organizing, overlay-based protocol
for achieving multicast without network support. This protocol is
developed as a part of the End System Multicast project at Carnegie
Mellon University.

Although the Narada protocol is documented in two research papers we
have written (please see http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~narada), we have not
written a formal specification of the protocol.  On the other hand, we
are very interested in working with people to develop an open standard
for this protocol.

Yang-hua