[e2e] Can feedback be generated more fast in ECN?

k claffy kc at ipn.caida.org
Wed Feb 14 20:00:37 PST 2001

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 09:32:13PM -0500, Baoqing Ye wrote:
  > can not carry their load) is to drop their packets. Further, recent
  > studies show that the percentage of packets not carried by TCP on the
  > Internet is around 10%. So, again, even if using SQ is of benefit for UDP

      Can  you forward me the links of those studies? (even though I read some
  which I can't say they were the most RECENT studies) -- it is important to
  know what is dominating In the Internet traffic.
     On the other hand, I am afraid  the conclution won't hold true any longer
  --   non-TCP-friendly traffic such as voice and video applications are
  growing and flushing into the internet.

i'd very much like to see links to studies
for both conjectures.

(10%; non-TCP flushing)

plz,