[e2e] Pointers to dynamic content delivery research.

Amr A. Awadallah aaa at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 3 12:18:50 PDT 2001

Hi,

  I am looking for pointers to previous research work in the area of dynamic
interactive content delivery, i.e. how can services be moved closer to demand
hot spots, e.g. maps.yahoo.com is a dynamic interactive service for which
caching the map static image returned is useless since each user is looking at
a different map, but the underlying server code and geo database could be
cached since it is the same for all users. The hard part is providing mobility
for such a service given all code dependencies it might have.

  There is a bunch of companies out there working on this problem (a brief
list attached at end of this e-mail), but I am looking for published academic
research in this field.

Thanks and have a happy 4th,

-- Amr

On Demand Hosting: