[e2e] e2e principle..where??....

Manish Karir karir at wam.umd.edu
Sat Jun 2 09:00:49 PDT 2001

[please limit future discussions to e2e list only...I accidentally posted
 to the tsvwg as well..I apologize for the cross posting...:(  ]

If I read your comments correctly, then one would infer that a proxy
written at the appliction level(say a web proxy) does not violate
the e2e principles??... the client---proxy and proxy---server connections
are the connections that "directly exchange" data....and for those single
links the e2e principles hold.  After all quiet a few caches are infact
built as "caching proxy systems"(squid being a good example).  So then
should we also consider
appliction level proxies as systems that do not break e2e principles..???
(so long as the proxies are being faithful and not changing
data/headers??)

manish karir