[e2e] [Diffserv-interest] A question on Adaptive Protocols vs ExpectedService Classes of Diffserv

Kathleen Nichols nichols at packetdesign.com
Wed Mar 14 16:25:38 PST 2001

Kedar Poduri carried out some simulations like this quite a while back
when we were talking about something called a "virtual leased line"
built from the EF PHB described in RFC2598. This is real easy to do
(of course, you need a shaper at the edge, but Van's been saying that
since the origins of this as his "premium" service). You can look at
slide 23 of the talk at:
http://www.nren.nasa.gov/CFP/nichols_pres/index.htm, a NASA NREN
workshop on QoS.

It's supposed to "look like a wire".