[e2e] TCP Option Negotiation

Ralph Droms rdroms at cisco.com
Wed May 23 15:41:58 PDT 2001

(Mu apologies - I let this question slip by without an answer.)

At 08:19 AM 5/23/2001 -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
>[...] I'd also appreciate a hint about what Microsoft
>means by the private and presumably entirely kosher option #251.

If I remember correctly, Microsoft uses option 251 to pass the address of a
web proxy server.  It's not entirely kosher - option codes 128-254 are
reserved in the spec for local definition and use.  The vendor-specific
information option is intended for vendor-defined options.

- Ralph