[e2e] Question on traffic patterns for AQM design

Zhang Miao zm at csnet1.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thu Sep 13 07:09:04 PDT 2001

Hi,
   In my opinion, when designing Active Queue Management algorithm,
traffic pattern is a very important issue. I want to get some
data on the traffic dynamics of byte volume, packet volume and flow
volume for small time scale (such as 1 second or even shorter for each
measure point). The traffic patterns of the Internet are very important
for the success of AQM. If the packet volume and the flow volume change
very dramatically in very short time, it is very difficult for the
algorithm to adaptive itself to the oscillation of the traffic.
Have anyone done some measurements on this aspect?
   Thanks a lot!

*    Zhang Miao                                                 *
*    Ph.D candidate,Department of Computer Science & Technology *
*    Tsinghua University,Beijing,China(100084)                  *
*    Tel: (8610)-62785822                                       *
*    Email: zm at csnet1.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn                        *
*    Web: http://netlab.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn/~zm (domestic only ) *