[e2e] [Fwd: ECN & PMTU]

Neil Spring nspring at cs.washington.edu
Mon Apr 8 23:00:35 PDT 2002

Arun,

the congenstion control analogue to fragmentation required is
called source quench.  these emails describe why it is not
useful for congestion control.

ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/email/sf.97nov20.txt
ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/email/sf.98may7.txt

you may also find that this question has been asked before
on this mailing list (and probably on all the other ones
you sent this message to.)

http://www.postel.org/pipermail/end2end-interest/2001-February/000113.html

-neil