[e2e] DANGER VIRUS spamming culled from E2E addresses

Henning Schulzrinne hgs at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Apr 19 15:22:30 PDT 2002

I have recently gotten spam (not a virus) that apparently used addresses
from the same domain as the destination in the From and cc line, thus
defeating "white list" filters. With a sufficiently large spam list,
that would be trivial to do. Wouldn't work for aol.com addresses, but
for organizational addresses, it definitely works.