spam (Re: [e2e] (no subject))

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Tue Aug 27 05:43:38 PDT 2002

Alberto Cerpa <cerpa at lecs.cs.ucla.edu> writes:
> It is actually quite easy to find a middle ground.  Posters that post
> from multiple email addresses could subscribe with all the email
> addresses they want and disable mail delivery in all of them but one
> (this is one of the mailman features).

Actually, I've been informed by those running the list when I
complained about the current situation that even though the mailman
manual states that is a feature and even though I've run lists with
that feature it is not a feature. (Don't ask me -- I don't understand
the position either.)

Part of my reason for asking the question as I did was to try to
convince list management that people would prefer to do without the
spam regardless of whether they could post from multiple places.

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com
--
"Ask not what your country can force other people to do for you..."