spam (Re: [e2e] (no subject))

David G. Andersen dga at lcs.mit.edu
Tue Aug 27 08:30:39 PDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 07:43:18AM -0700, Joe Touch mooed:

> What I am considering is to add automatic spam filters (ala
> spamasassin). The consideration is technical - if I can add it, I will.

   You can add it.  The easiest way to implement it (I've found)
is to install MIMEDefang, and throw in a spamassassin hook there.
That way it acts at the sendmail milter level, and you don't
have to worry about integrating it with the MDA.

  With mailman, the easiest thing is probably to have MD/SA add
a spam tag header, and then instruct mailman to hold the message
based upon that.

   -Dave

work: dga at lcs.mit.edu                          me:  dga at pobox.com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/
      I do not accept unsolicited commercial email.  Do not spam me.