[e2e] Address Space Distribution

Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student) saq66 at umkc.edu
Fri Dec 6 13:27:17 PST 2002

> Modelling Internet topology has been very well investigated.
> How about the
> IP address space distribution in the Internet? Does the
> distribution follow
> the power laws as well?
>
> I am looking for such generator. Is there any?
While many topology models used in current simulations are
questionable, their are few topology generators for generating
AS level distributions.

1. GT-ITM: It is helpful for generating 2-level transit-stub
   hierarchies. Both Waxman and random edge models can be generated
   using them.

2. Waxman based edge models can also be generated using Liming Wei/Lee
   Breslau's rtg.

3. INET can be used for generating flat random graph.

4. router-level/AS-level generator: BRITE. It is helpful for generating
   both Waxman and BarabasiAlbert.

While, I have used BRITE..I dont know about the remaining. You can
look into their web pages for more details and additional information.