offlist Re: [e2e] the evolution of deployability

grenville armitage garmitage at swin.edu.au
Wed Dec 18 15:43:57 PST 2002

"Fred L. Templin" wrote:
	[..]
> What would you say to those (like myself) who simply want to see the best
> possible technical solutions emerge and strive to make positive technical
> contributions whenever possible?

Don't stop. But to be honest, I don't yet know what to do while staying
within the IETF. I think it is the nature of the beast that things slow
down as more people become involved. Perhaps the IETF needs to split
into those doing incremental maintenence of the IPv4-based Internet,
and those working on radical new engineering approaches. The latter
might be the IRTF respun with an engineering agenda. I'm not sure.

cheers,
gja
--
Grenville Armitage