[e2e] Mapping IP Addresses to Geographic Location

Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student) saq66 at umkc.edu
Tue Feb 26 21:18:18 PST 2002

>flaw.  Many people consider their geographical locations very private
>information.  They'll often blab to half plausible "net commerce" web
>pages their credit card numbers, social security numbers, dates of birth,
>and financial status before they'll say "I'm sitting at 101 Main St."
     As u have mentioned there r always problems when u come to track a location information because of firewall or NAT.But,still location information is important to some extent in emergency situation. e911 service is  an important application where location information serves its real purpose.In an situation like sept 11,mapping geo info with IP address will come in handy.This is one of the many applications regarding this mapping issue.I am not sure whetner this topic is relevant to end2end interest :-)
  -senthil