[e2e] Interpretation of ECN as a less severe congestion signal

Ongun Yucesan ongun at ee.bilkent.edu.tr
Tue Jul 2 06:45:30 PDT 2002

 I would like to ask for RED Parameters,

 What if ECN Marks the packets again like

 minThresh <= queue length < maxThresh: mark packet
 maxThresh <= queue length: drop packet

 But linterm in ns or the slope of the discarding chosen to be more
 aggressive just for marking, while still remaining the same for dropping,

 And using the beta = 1/4 or some binomial cong. cont. with parameters
closer
 to the TCP for example k=0.3, l=0.7 with beta=1/2,

 Ongun Yucesan