[e2e] Where can I find statistics data on traffic over current high speed internet?

Jing Shen jshen at cad.zju.edu.cn
Sat Mar 16 23:26:05 PST 2002

Hi,

I've read some books and papers on network traffic characteristics . But, all of them seem to be measured before 1999 when
internet is not such a high speed one. (  As I know, from 1996 to 2001 ChinaNet  has involved from 45Mbps to 10Gbps, the subdomain of
it involved from 2Mbps to 2.Gbps , more and more people start to enjoy stream media, multiuser game
other than only static web pages) .

I'm sure the self-similar character of internet traffic mainteins with the network speed improvement,
But the distribution of these traffic between different protocols,  the size distribution must have changed
much.  ( It seems to no measurement done with ChinaNet)

So, I want  to know where I can  find statistics data on current high speed internet?

Thank you very much.

Jing Shen

State Key Lab of CAD&CG
ZheJiang University