[e2e] RE: [ippm] Where can I find statistics data on traffic over current high speed internet?

Kavé Salamatian salamat at rp.lip6.Fr
Sun Mar 17 01:10:52 PST 2002

Hi,

you can see proceeding of current conference on measurement as IMW
(http://www.icir.org/vern/imw-2001/proceedings.html)
and PAM 2002
(http://www.labs.agilent.com/hosted/conferences/pam2002/program/index.htm)
and PAM 2001 (http://www.ripe.net/pam2001/program.html). Some paper were
also published in infocom.

Cheers

Kavé Salamatian
Associate professor Paris VI university
  -----Original Message-----
  From: ippm-admin at advanced.org [mailto:ippm-admin at advanced.org]On Behalf Of
Jing Shen
  Sent: dimanche 17 mars 2002 08:26
  To: te-wg at UU.NET
  Cc: mpls at UU.NET; ippm at advanced.org; irtf-rr at puck.nether.net;
end2end-interest at postel.org
  Subject: [ippm] Where can I find statistics data on traffic over current
high speed internet?

  Hi,

  I've read some books and papers on network traffic characteristics . But,
all of them seem to be measured before 1999 when
  internet is not such a high speed one. (  As I know, from 1996 to 2001
ChinaNet  has involved from 45Mbps to 10Gbps, the subdomain of
  it involved from 2Mbps to 2.Gbps , more and more people start to enjoy
stream media, multiuser game
  other than only static web pages) .

  I'm sure the self-similar character of internet traffic mainteins with the
network speed improvement,
  But the distribution of these traffic between different protocols,  the
size distribution must have changed
  much.  ( It seems to no measurement done with ChinaNet)

  So, I want  to know where I can find statistics data on current high speed
internet?

  Thank you very much.

  Jing Shen

  State Key Lab of CAD&CG