[Tsvwg] Re: [e2e] RE: [Sigtran] Routing for multi-homed host traffic

Coene Lode Lode.Coene at siemens.atea.be
Mon May 13 07:36:41 PDT 2002

Hello Xiaoming,

a few comment below.

Well, A somewhat better looking solution might be to do it inside the
association, as the application has otherwise handle the "handover". And
that is the way it is now pursued with SCTP. This is done using the
ADD/delete IP address for adding and deleting a IP address to a
association.(first foreseen for adding/removing  NIC cards on the fly, then
it hit us that this was equally applicable for solving the mobility problem
via the transport layer, just as you point out.) Things sometimes get out of
hand....

See :
Addip SCTP draft
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-addip-sctp-04.txt
Mobile SCTP draft
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-riegel-tuexen-mobile-sctp-00.tx

And there are interoperable implementations of this around.

>Regards,
>Xiaoming

yours sincerly,
Lode

Siemens atea
atealaan 34          2200 Herentals, Belgium
E-mail: lode.coene at siemens.atea.be
Tel: +32-14-252081
Fax: +32-14-253212