[e2e] SIGCOMM 2002 advance program

Peter Steenkiste prs at cs.cmu.edu
Thu May 16 06:12:00 PDT 2002

SIGCOMM 2002 will be held in Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Aug 19-23.

The advance program is now available at

HIGHLIGHTS and NEW FEATURES of the SIGCOMM Conference:

* SIGCOMM 2002 Award Winner and Keynote Address: Scott Shenker, ICSI
* NEW: 2 WORKSHOPS on Tuesday Aug 20
     *Computer Networking: Curriculum Designs and Educational Challenges
         Faculty Travel grants are available!
         Position papers are solicited!
     *Retrospective Workshop on ATM
         Position papers are solicited!
* Tutorials: Monday Aug 19 and Tuesday Aug 20
     IP Control of Optical Networks, and GMPLS (half day)
         Jennifer Yates and Albert Greenberg, AT&T Labs-Research
     Detecting Packet Patterns at High Speeds (half day)
         George Varghese, University of California, San Diego
     How to Use the Emulab Public Network Testbeds (half or full day)
         Jay Lepreau, Mac Newbold, Rob Ricci (University of Utah)
         and Chris Alfield (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
      Data-mining the Internet: What we know, what we don't, and how we can
learn more (full day)
         Michalis Faloutsos, University of California, Riverside and
         Christos Faloutsos, Carnegie Mellon University
* NEW: Invited Talk by Mike O'Dell, Compass Rose Labs
         "Reflections on the Future of Very Large Data Networks"
* NEW: An Expanded Student Poster Session
* NEW: Position Papers:
        This SIGCOMM will extend into Friday afternoon for time to explore:
         An End-to-End Approach to Globally Scalable Network Storage
         Tussle in Cyberspace: Defining Tomorrow's Internet
* And of course, the most important of all:
      25 significant papers, presented in a single track,
      easy_to_network environment, including a reception and a banquet at
The Carnegie Museum.