[ippm] [e2e] Mathematical analysis of e2e lable switching path

=?gb2312?B?S2F2qKYgU2FsYW1hdGlhbg==?= salamat at rp.lip6.fr
Thu Oct 3 00:56:39 PDT 2002

Dear Shen,

first of all I should mention that MPLS deployment is far from being done (I
don't think that it has been deployed even in a large network operator) and
I largely suspect that it will never be deployed in a large scale to be the
primary backbone technology !!!!

>From the point of view of measurement, LSP networks should not have too much
difference from traditional IP networks as nowadays IP routing performance
is getting very  close to Label switching performance, meaning that the
delay of crossing an LSP network should not be significantly larger than an
IP network. The difference may come from a simpler  traffic engineering in
MPLS. Meaning that we should evaluate the effect of traffic engineeringon
performance, not the particuliar behaviour of MPLS network.

Bests

Kv