NAT usage at large companies (was: Re: [e2e] Number of persis tent connections per HTTP server?)

Johnson, Edward edward.johnson at capitalone.com
Thu Oct 17 06:53:23 PDT 2002

I work for a company with approximately 20000 users.  Our enterprise network
is addressed in compliance with RFC1918 private addressing therefore all
traffic exiting the enterprise network to the Internet must be NATed and
uses one address.  In our case NATing is performed both for security and
address conservation.  I believe that this solution is in wide use among
corporations.

Regards,

Edward Johnson
WAN Engineer