NAT usage at large companies (was: Re: [e2e] Number of persistent connections per HTTP server?)

Vadim Antonov avg at kotovnik.com
Wed Oct 16 20:20:54 PDT 2002

The company I work for now (business software) does that.  And so do quite
a few of our clients. The reason is quite simple - MIS departments want to
have a single security barrier, not a bunch of firewalls spread around in
hard to reach locations (like, 14 hours flying...)

NAT is incidental to firewall functions.

--vadim