[e2e] How popular is TCP delayed acknowledgement used ?

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 05:08:10 PDT 2003

Since you didn't identify a link technology of interest, I would
agree with Andi, with one caveat - delayed ACK timers tend to be
about 200 ms on most implementations I've worked with, and I've
seen low-bit-rate connections, usually wireless, that didn't
consistently deliver a second packet within 200 ms, so the timer
almost always fires and the receiver ACKs almost every packet.

Spencer