[e2e] FYA

Rick Jones rick_jones2 at hp.com
Wed Apr 30 16:00:09 PDT 2003

> Or, we could adopt Steve Bellovin's clever idea [RFC 3514]: a new bit
> in the IP header, the RipOff bit.  An end system would set this bit
> in any packet that contains data that is violating a copyright.
>
> Just the ticket, eh?

Yep :)

I wonder what it would be like if these p2p things were to distribute
themselves as viruses on other peoples' computers.  I suppose we could
start calling them pviruses or perhaps prions.  Whow knows, perhaps they
already exist and are simply maintaining a low profile, trying to look
like the background "cosmic radiation" on the net.

rick jones
feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com  but NOT BOTH...