[e2e] is IP address portability next?

Cannara cannara at attglobal.net
Fri Dec 5 11:29:27 PST 2003

Exactly.  An IP address has never been an adequate description of a "user" and
never will, despite IPv6's umpteen addr bits.  DNS security, then, becomes a
big issue, to match the security traditionally associated with telco numbers
as node-identity (not user-identity) sources.  Knowing a phone number, of
course, still doesn't allow knowing its user at that moment.

Alex