[e2e] Re: Traffic Management in real networks

Marcel Waldvogel marcel at wanda.ch
Sat Dec 27 06:01:44 PST 2003

By leaving the limiting realms of traffic engineering by tuning OSPF
weights, the gain in flexibility and thus utilization can be
significant. Two examples include:

Load-Sensitive Routing of Long-Lived IP Flows (Shaikh, Rexford, Shin,
SIGCOMM '99, http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm99/papers/session6-2.html)

Profile-Based Routing and Traffic Engineering (Suri, Waldvogel, Bauer,
Warkhede, Computer Communications 24(4),
http://marcel.wanda.ch/Publications/suri03profilebased)

-Marcel