[e2e] number of concurrent TCP flows on Internet backbone

Kai Below below at tu-harburg.de
Thu Jul 3 15:45:43 PDT 2003

Hi Gu,

you may have a look at

http://ipmon.sprint.com/packstat/packetoverview.php

The measurements archive provides the following parameters: link utilisation,
number of active connections, protocol and application breakdown as well as
the packet size distribution.

Regards,

Kai Below

On Friday 04 July 2003 00:10, Yunhong Gu wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> I am trying to check the oscilations of TCP as the number of
> concurrent flows increases. Can anyone point me to some realistic data on
> how many concurrent flows are there on a typical Internet backbone?
>
> Thanks,
> Gu

Dipl.-Ing. Kai Below

TU Hamburg-Harburg, Communication Networks (FSP 4-06)
Denickestr. 17, R. 3009, D-21071 Hamburg, G E R M A N Y

Fon: +4940 428 78 - 3480, Fax: +4940 428 78 - 2941
www.tu-harburg.de/et6/staff/below.html