[e2e] NETBLT FAQ or guide

Long, Darren darren.long at uk.thalesgroup.com
Thu Jul 10 03:35:21 PDT 2003

Hi,

Having posed the question:

	In comp.protocols.tcp-ip you write:

	>Does anyone know of a good FAQ relating to NETBLT or any other
useful
	>NETBLT related resources?

Craig Partridge suggested:

	Drop a note to end2end-interest at postel.org (the End2End Interest
list).
	Many of NETBLT's designers/implementer are on the list.

I'm currently investigating the interactive exploitation of JPEG-2000
compressed imagery over narrow band tactical radio links, i.e. semi-duplex,
16kbps, using the JPIP protocol.  I've got my eye on the TACO2 protocol,
(MIL-STD-2045-44500) which uses NETBLT.

I've been quite frustrated in my efforts to find any implementation
guidance, FAQs etc regarding NETBLT, and find that there are certain
ambiguities inherent in RFC998.

Can anyone provide me with a FAQ, guide or other supporting documentation.
I've looked at RFC 1986 (ETFTP).

Alternatively, if anyone is willing to correspond regarding specific
questions, that would also be of help.

Regards

Darren Long

This e-mail is intended solely for the above mentioned recipient and it may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it
in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and delete the email.
You must not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on
it.

Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken, Thales Optronics can
not accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of
software
viruses that may be contained in, or attached to this email.