[e2e] NETBLT FAQ or guide

Lixia Zhang lixia at CS.UCLA.EDU
Thu Jul 10 07:18:10 PDT 2003

> Hi,
>
> Having posed the question:
>
> In comp.protocols.tcp-ip you write:
>
>> Does anyone know of a good FAQ relating to NETBLT or any other useful
>> NETBLT related resources?
>
> Craig Partridge suggested:
>
> Drop a note to end2end-interest at postel.org (the End2End Interest
> list).
> Many of NETBLT's designers/implementer are on the list.

I was one of the designers; Mark Lambert did the first implementation (he's
not on this list).
Bob (Braden) did an implementation (on Sun3 as I recall?).

If there is any question I can help, just email me.

> I'm currently investigating the interactive exploitation of JPEG-2000
> compressed imagery over narrow band tactical radio links, i.e. semi-duplex,
> 16kbps, using the JPIP protocol.  I've got my eye on the TACO2 protocol,
> (MIL-STD-2045-44500) which uses NETBLT.
>
> I've been quite frustrated in my efforts to find any implementation
> guidance, FAQs etc regarding NETBLT,

Sorry for the lack of such doc.
Look, it's just a research toy, for proof of concept. It's not an internet
protocol per se, not even experimental.