[e2e] TCP un-friendly congestion control

Constantine Dovrolis dovrolis at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jun 7 15:22:30 PDT 2003

Lisong, thanks for reading the paper.

The important point here is that, when S>C*T_m, the queue
in the tight link is building up, which means that the
Round-Trip Time of our connection increases as well. In
other words, the "effective RTT" of the transfer increases
beyond T_m when the transfer's window becomes larger
than C*T_m. Also, the connection can only send one window
worth of data per effective RTT, not per T_m. It is also
important to realize that the socket buffer size S imposes an
upper bound on how large the transfer's send window
can become.

Please let me know if this is still not clear.

Constantinos

Constantinos Dovrolis | 218 GCATT | 404-385-4205
Assistant Professor | Networking and Telecommunications Group
College of Computing | Georgia Institute of Technology
dovrolis at cc.gatech.edu
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/Constantinos.Dovrolis/