[e2e] Is a non-TCP solution dead?

Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student) saq66 at umkc.edu
Sun Mar 30 22:43:20 PST 2003

> First all, the wireless world is tightly controlled by wireless
> service providers. They control applications that run on handsets,
> media servers, and even content providers.

Yes. It is true even for the IP telephony market. But, looking at
the interest for wifi (wireless), broadband and flooding of
products like vonage (VoIP), we can expect a shift from the age
old telco models. But, obviously all these changes make your
customer a competitor. So, where lies the benefit for the
provider?