[e2e] Token/slotted access based mechanisms

Vinay Bannai bannai at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 15 12:38:18 PDT 2003

 Alok,

 This may not be directly relevant, but there is emerging standard coming
out
of IEEE 802 called RPR (resilient packet rings). The WG is called 802.17 and
eventhough it is not based on tokens/slots, there might be some useful
information that you might find regarding fairness of bandwidth for the
nodes on the ring. The website is

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/17

 Regards,
 Vinay Bannai