[e2e] Fire wall Penetraton testing

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Fri Sep 12 10:02:24 PDT 2003

  *>
  *> Hi all,
  *>
  *> I am new to this list, and I am working on fire wall
  *> vulnerabilities.
  *> I strongly believe that fire walls are not enough
  *> today against increasingly sophisticated attackers.
  *> I have done research into IP fragmentation attacks and
  *> I am implementing test programs based on such data.
  *> see:
  *> http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC1858/Output/chapter2.html.
  *>

While this is an interesting and important topic, deep analysis of
security issues is really outside the scope of this mailing list; I
suggest replying offline to the query.  Discussions of the role of
firewalls in the Internet architecture are of course fine on this
list.

Bob Braden