[e2e] Open the floodgate

=?gb2312?q?Jing=20Shen?= jshen_cad at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Apr 22 04:56:40 PDT 2004

Hi all,

You've all talked about "evolution", control theory,
TCP/XCP/FAST etc., even with current undisciplined
Internet. But to my understanding, current internet is
just a place where people around compete for those
links which serves a lot of "session", nobody could
expect to force discipline to people around the world.

So whatever theoretical model used, mechanism for
transmission protocol is  just methods people take in
a big game. So, if someone could modify the
transmission mechanism to make me a better place in
competing game why shouldn't he take it?  So, fairness
between new protocol and TCP is not a problem. Maybe
"game theory + feedback control" is a better way with
transmission protocol analysis.

Jing Shen