[e2e] Open the floodgate - back to 1st principles

Fu Cheng Peng, Franklin ASCPFu at ntu.edu.sg
Mon Apr 26 01:44:43 PDT 2004

>The whole point of RED and ECN (which are *brilliant*, elegant concepts)
>are to provide *early* signals that traffic is accumulating in those
>buffers, long before they are full.

RED and ECN is indeed "elegant" idea, a lot of variants are proposed and well studied. The concern is how to deploy it in Internet. I am not sure cisco routers have adopted it, which will be a minlestone phase to RED/ECN.

-Franklin
Dr. Fu Cheng Peng, Franklin
Asst Professor
School of Computer Engineering
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 639798
Tel: (65) 6790-4287 Fax: (65) 6792-6559