[e2e] We do need anti-spam mechanism for e2e

Charlie Younghusband cwy at xiphos.ca
Wed Jan 7 07:05:05 PST 2004

The mild convenience cost of figuring out what email account one should post
from and having to subscribe to participate is so much easier the list
admins baffle me.  This list is more of an irresponsible mass spam exploder:
4,514 this morning from 2 random spams --  maximizing the reward payoff for
spammers.  I forgot, you also think that local exploders are common (based
on the FAQ and a key reason for not being member only) so the number is even
higher.  Count one 'unsubscribe' who isn't updating email addresses.

Charlie