[e2e] list changes underway

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Thu Jan 15 23:26:49 PST 2004

Hi, all,

I've installed some temporary filters to trap posts with a lower
threshold through our existing spam filters. We are waiting to see how
those work, as well as for upgrades to both filter software and mailing
list software that will enable more control over the spam content,
before deciding whether to proceed with other alternatives (an
IETF-style moderated sub-list, restricted posting, etc. are all on the
table).

In the meantime, it would be useful to help the spam filters out. They
discriminate based on signal-to-noise ratio. While we are working on
decreasing the noise, please feel free to increase the signal. ;-)

Joe