[e2e] A implementation question on TFRC algorithm

Lv Qian tcp_lq at 163.com
Sun Jul 4 23:41:14 PDT 2004

Heejune AHN£¬

¡¡¡¡Hi,according to RFC 3448, section 3.2.1, each data packet sent by the data sender contains the sender's current estimate
of the round trip time, which will be used by the receiver.

======== 2004-07-05 11:19:40  ========

 Hi,  while implementing a streaming server, I am currently doing TFRC transport adaptation module.

After reviewing several papers of Sally Floyd and A. Zakhor,  I sill cannot implement it just because
I cannot understand one thing:

"How to calculate Round-trip time in Receiver?"
it is written in her paper how to get Roud Trip time in Sender, measuing the feedback for same sequence num.
(now my quetion, when the Rx decide to reply it?)

I need this value because
"Rx should report feedback to the sender at least once per round-trip time if it has received packets in that interval"
(page 3 of SIGCOM 2000  publication, Equation-based Congestion control for Unicast Application, Sally Floyd et al).
I checked it from D. Tan and A. Zakhor papers in IEEE multimedia, but the mechanism is not clear.

Maybe I can check with Sally's ns-2 simulation script, but it is too much her computer-setting dependent script.
I think it is not a big problem on their work, but I just want to know how they implemented it.

Thanks.

Lv Qian,
School of Computer Engineering,
Nanyang Technological University