[e2e] updated policy on Calls for Papers/Participation

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Thu Sep 23 15:46:04 PDT 2004

Hi, all,

The E2E list has had a policy effective May 2003 that restricts
conference announcements as follows:

	- one call for papers/submissions

	- one call for participation

The limit applied to each conference meeting; workshops, tutorials, and
adjunct meetings count as a single conference event, and are permitted
only two overall posts.

-----

This limit had not taken into account the more common practice of calls
for papers including a call for tutorials, workshops, etc. Effective
immediately, the limit is extended to three posts, in cases where the
first call includes requests for proposals for adjunct events as follows:

	- one call for papers/submissions
	  and proposals for adjunct events

	- one call for papers/submissions to adjunct events
	  only if the first call included a request for event proposals

	- one call for participation for the overall group of events

For those of you not interested in administrativia, we now return to our
regularly scheduled technical ratholes ;-)

Joe
(list administrator)