[e2e] Need help: setting winsock receive low watermark while using completion port and TCP

Alex Krivonosov (alexkr) alexkr at cisco.com
Tue Aug 23 15:21:43 PDT 2005

Hi,

Can anybody help me to solve this issue?

I have a TCP connection handled by the completion port IO model. What is
happening is in case I specify a large buffer for receiving (WSARecv),
the operation completes only after the buffer is full, not after
receiving about 500 bytes (a packet), so a significant delay is
introduced. In case of small buffers, performance degrades. Any advice
on this? Completion port model is a must.

Thank you
Alex Krivonosov