[e2e] Need help: setting winsock receive low watermark while using completion port and TCP

Lars Eggert lars.eggert at netlab.nec.de
Wed Aug 24 01:06:42 PDT 2005

On Aug 24, 2005, at 0:21, Alex Krivonosov (alexkr) wrote:
> I have a TCP connection handled by the completion port IO model.
> What is happening is in case I specify a large buffer for receiving
> (WSARecv), the operation completes only after the buffer is full,
> not after receiving about 500 bytes (a packet), so a significant
> delay is introduced. In case of small buffers, performance
> degrades. Any advice on this? Completion port model is a must.

Please understand that TCP doesn't deliver "packets" to the
application, it provides a byte stream. You may want to look into
using non-blocking I/O for the receive call. (I don't know what you
mean by "completion port model.")

Lars
--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories