[e2e] Need help: setting winsock receive low watermark while using completion port and TCP

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Wed Aug 24 05:43:01 PDT 2005

BTW, the designers of TCP included a protocol mechanism to deal with this
problem.  It is called "Push".  The Berkeley folks chose to ignore it
when they developed the socket interface, because it did not fit into
their model of a connection as a virtual file.  Interesting example
of an atrophied protocol mechanism.

Bob Braden